The past two months have been incredibly full in the best ways! I’ve traveled throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Maine for 8 more weddings. I’ve also had the honor of capturing lovely portrait sessions, too, including in Beacon Hill and the Public Garden. I’m getting so many reps doing what I love as I’ve taken thousands of photos.
I’m also super excited to share that I upgraded my gear over the past two months, too, including a new camera, lens, flash, and two new bags – among other things! In addition to new gear, I also updated my website to be a better reflection of my heart and it feels like home!
To say the past two months have been filled with exponential growth would be an understatement. KSP is growing in bigger ways than I could have dreamed earlier this year, and I’m incredibly thankful.
In this post, I’m going to take you along with me and give you a peek into my world. As I shared in my first behind-the-scenes post, I get to capture beautiful behind-the-scenes snippets throughout each wedding day. Since sharing that first post, I’ve been a lot busier photographing on wedding days – which I am so grateful for! Even so, I’ve still managed to capture some lovely moments on my iPhone so I can take you behind the scenes with me:
Some of My Favorite Moments
Throughout the past eight weddings, I’ve gotten to visit some of my most favorite venues to date, including Belle Mer, Scituate Harbor Yacht Club, and Plimoth Patuxet. I also got to return to two of my favorites again, Willowdale Estate and Boston Public Library. I’ve been working alongside and learning from incredible photographers and meeting the sweetest vendors. I’ve been able to encourage other wedding professionals and connect with them in a new way. Week after week, I have a front-row seat to one of the happiest days in couples’ lives. It is so special and it fills my heart to the brim.
Here are some of my favorite memories from over the past two months:
- Capturing the happy tears between a bride and her father as they walked through the courtyard at the Boston Public Library to meet her groom. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the place!
- Watching the flag ceremony at Scituate Harbor Yacht Club, a nightly tradition
- Chasing the sunset in a golf cart for the prettiest golden hour portraits
- Having Acorn Street all to myself for anniversary portraits – still pinching myself about this one!
- Watching the sun setting over Newport Harbor from the beautiful crushed oyster shell paths of Belle Mer
- Sneaking up to the balconies of pretty churches to capture a wide photo of the ceremony – it’s these shots that set the stage in telling the story of the day!
- Overlooking the city as I photographed details from one of the top floors in Copley
- Tasting my first mac and cheese bite at Willowdale. Gosh, this was one of the best things I’ve ever had!
- Photographing the dreamiest florals by Courtney of Soulflora Floral Design. I was swooning over the centerpieces all night long!
- Seeing the sailcloth tent at Willowdale decked out with twinkly lights and lanterns on the most perfect October evening
In conclusion, I love this work. I am so thankful that I found a profession that I am incredibly passionate about. On every wedding day, I feel like I am living a dream. And I usually drive home with the biggest smile and the most grateful heart. Thank you for following along with my journey!
Love pretty things? Me too!
Follow along on Instagram and visit my “Wedding Days” highlight to see behind-the-scenes video content!
add a comment